Although oral cancer is extremely serious, many individuals fail to ever get oral cancer screenings. If you notice any potential abnormalities or signs of change with your oral health, you should always speak with your dentist. What are the signs and symptoms of oral cancer? Listed below are just a few things to look out for:
– Look for noticeable spots, patched, blotches, or marks.
– Look for crusty or eroded areas in your mouth.
– Various irregular signs of discoloration, including red, white, and speckled patches, should be looked at.
– Look for signs of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, neck, or mouth areas.
– Watch for sore throats that fail to go away.
– Watch for unusual bleeding from your mouth.
– Keep track of any unexplained weight loss changes.
– Take note of any open wounds that take longer than 2 weeks to heal or ones that continuously bleed.
– Do you find yourself ever having any difficulties eating, swallowing, speaking, or chewing food?
If you experience any of these symptoms, you may have oral cancer. Dr. Kaitilin Riley wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you need an oral cancer screening, please contact our dentist office in Paso Robles, California, by calling us at 805-238-3880. Your smile is our business!