A great Thanksgiving starts with a smile. If you are fortunate enough to be surrounded by friends and family this holiday season, the gift of your smile can work wonders. In order to keep your smile healthy and radiant, proper oral health care is required. It’s important to keep your daily habits up, and not forget to brush or floss.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring for your teeth:
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Kaitilin Riley DDS every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Kaitilin Riley, please call us at 805-238-3880, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Paso Robles, California. Our staff is here to help you brush up on your oral health skills!