Is gum disease affecting your smile? Does it appear your teeth are growing longer or your gums are becoming more filled with color? If you have not been treating them properly, it is possible you are beginning to experience signs of gum disease. Gum disease, also commonly called periodontal disease, is the result of an infection to your gum tissues. If left unchecked, it is possible for your gums to become destabilized and eventually lead to a loss of teeth.
Protect your smile at all times from tooth loss caused by gum disease. Here are some signs and symptoms to look for:
– Keep tabs of how often you have bad breath, as recurring bad breath can often be a sign of gum disease.
– Carefully check all of your teeth to ensure they are not loose, wobbly, or rotating.
– Look for signs of bleeding when eating foods or practicing oral hygiene routines such as brushing and flossing.
– Exercise caution with any medications you may take, as they can often lead to dry mouth symptoms, a known cause of gum disease.
– Keep tabs on your gum tissue and all corners of your mouth for signs of swelling, tenderness, and a general increase in redness.
– Stop partaking in dangerous habits for your teeth such as smoking and chewing tobacco, as they can greatly increase your risk for gum disease.
– Inspect the length of your teeth to ensure they are not growing longer as the result of your gums pulling back away from them.
To schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Paso Robles, California, call Kaitilin Riley DDS at 805-238-3880 and a member of our team will gladly assist you. Dr. Kaitilin Riley and our entire team look forward to helping you achieve the successful smile you desire.