Is your oral hygiene in optimum condition heading into the Halloween season? Are you aware of the products and treats that you should be staying away from this year? Do you have treatment plans in place should an oral accident, Injury, or cavity occur? As with all potential issues in life, it is essential to have a preparedness plan ready for the Halloween season to ensure your teeth and gums will persist from many holidays to come. Here are some tips for proper Halloween health care:
– Set up a plan on what should be done with any excess candy after the holidays have ended.
– Always get rid of any products from your diet that may be dangerous to your teeth, including sugary sweets or those that can cause oral injuries.
– Try to circumvent snacking over long periods of a time, and instead, opt for short binge meals to help lower the rate and risk of tooth decay.
– Remember to brush and floss your teeth daily as well as clean your smile after eating.
– Don’t forget to visit your dentist for regular dental checkups and professional cleanings.
– Select healthy snacks instead of unhealthy candies.
– If you have loved ones, swap out their treats for money, toys, or other incentives.
If your teeth and gums require further protection, or if you need to set up an appointment with Dr. Kaitilin Riley at Kaitilin Riley DDS, please call us to at 805-238-3880, or stop by our office in Paso Robles, California. We wish you a wonderfully spooktacular Halloween!