You know that brushing your teeth is imperative to a healthy smile, but do you know the correct way to brush your teeth? Here are a few tips to follow if you want to brush your teeth well.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes time. Following this tip means that you will be able to get rid of plaque bacteria regularly and thoroughly.
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush. This will prevent gingival recession and enamel erosion.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride fights cavities, rebuilds tooth enamel, and can even reverse early stages of tooth decay.
- Do not use a toothbrush that is older than four months. It collects bacteria over time and can fray, which makes it less effective at cleaning your smile.
- Hold your toothbrush with a forefinger and thumb. Doing this prevents you from brushing too hard and causing yourself harm.
- Hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to your gums and brush with short, back-and-forth strokes. Start cleaning the outer surface of your teeth, the inner, and then the chewing surface. Don’t forget to clean your tongue.
Also don’t forget to floss between your teeth at least once a day and visit the dentist every six months. Call Kaitilin Riley DDS today if you want to learn more about maintaining good oral hygiene.